Assistant to Dean is responsible for providing high quality professional and administrative executive support to the Dean of the School of Information Technologies and Engineering (SITE). The position is the first point of contact for the Office of the Dean and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Office including diary and correspondence management, coordination and support of meetings and travel, and related document management. The position also supports the school operations, including faculty management and recruitment, academic activities, events and projects.
The Assistant exercises discretion in handling sensitive and confidential issues, bringing matters to the attention of the Dean, as required. The position interacts with external stakeholders, including industry and agencies, government officials, media and staff in other education institutions (national and foreign), as well as broadly across the University.
- Maintain, develop and implement internal office processes to provide efficient and effective management of the Office of the Dean including:
- The schedule of the Office and related aspects including telephone calls, electronic diary appointments and organization of meetings, agendas, and relevant papers
- Correspondence (including electronic) in and out of the Office, including the collation, dissemination and follow-up of information, preparing correspondence for the Dean as required
- Financial and procurement processes of the School through the internal enterprise systems
- Functions as a gatekeeper to assure prioritization of the Dean’s time
- Shares primary responsibility for managing and scheduling the Dean’s calendar with the other parties
- Develops and manages a database of contacts, initiatives and assignments
- Electronic and occasional paper filing in accordance with approved records management processes and security requirements.
- Manages multiple tasks with competing deadlines
- Arrange Office and School meetings by preparing agenda, writing and documenting minutes and maintaining the action logs
- Manage arrangements relating to faculty/staff recruitment and promotion activities presided by the Dean including organizing interviews with candidates and Selection Committees.
- Support faculty management and academic activities through
- Managing contractual and financial arrangements with full-time and adjunct faculty
- Coordinating arrangements for activities during each academic semester, including exam sessions and textbook acquisition
- Contributing to annual operational and strategic planning and review processes, undertaking statistical and trend analysis, interpretation and reporting where relevant through researching external sources and internal enterprise systems
- Undertake or support arrangements relating to the projects and activities e.g. conferences, seminars, school retreats under delegation from the Dean and liaise with faculty and staff in respect to their management
- Consult, liaise and negotiate on behalf of the Office with internal and external stakeholder groups and institutions primarily on operational matters as required
- Coordinate and compile information and responses in relation to items/issues raised by internal and external parties, draft responses for submission to these parties. Prepare draft reports and other documentation and presentations on behalf of the Office.
- Forwards situations and issues presented by staff, faculty, and external parties to appropriate staff members for resolution and tracks the process.
- Any other duties as determined and directed by the Dean.
- Relevant qualifications (preferably a master’s degree) and/or equivalent level of knowledge gained through education, training and/or experience (preferably in a relevant discipline)
- Advanced technical and computer skills to support administrative functions including MS Office Suite with an emphasis on PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and database skills, electronic calendar management, various videoconferencing applications and email applications
- Experience in providing administrative and management support, preferably at executive level, and ability to adapt to, or experience in, a university environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Azerbaijani, including high-standard mail correspondence. Experience in corporate communication, including visual and digital channels is desired
- Highly developed interpersonal, professional communication and influencing skills and an ability to liaise effectively and build relationships with clients and stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally to the organization
- Demonstrated high level organizational and project management skills, capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency and ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Ability to develop a work schedule, set goals, create/implement action plans and monitor progress towards goals
- Demonstrated positive, flexible and adaptable attitude with a willingness to take on a wide range of diverse tasks and adjust to competing and shifting priorities in a changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, identify and recommend solutions to problems
- Experience in handling sensitive and confidential matters
- Strong ability to work independently and as a team member
- Diplomacy, professional appearance and demeanor, and excellent attendance
- Knowledge of equal opportunity principles
Please follow the link to apply for this position: https://www.ada.edu.az/apply-to-job
The deadline for application is March 26, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further recruitment process.
ADA University offers a competitive remuneration package and attractive conditions of employment of high standard. For more information about ADA University, please visit www.ada.edu.az