Dean, Associate Professor
School of Public and International Affairs
We prepare professionals of Public and International Affairs at the most diverse school of ADA University right in the heart of exciting and multicultural environment of Baku, the meeting point of East and West. In a globalized world, where borders keep wading away in all senses, we guide our students to develop a deep understanding of the multifaceted nature of local and global affairs. We inspire our graduates to appreciate, respect and thrive in diversity with emotional intelligence. We encourage them to collaborate to share – both governance and responsibility.
|Joined ADA||July, 2008|
- Valiyev A., Valiyeva, E. (2021). "End of the War, But No Peace". In F. Ismailzade & D. Krnjević Mišković (Eds.), Liberated Karabakh: Policy Perspectives by the ADA University Community (pp. 167-185). ADA University Press.
- Valiyev, Anar; Mamishova, Narmina. (2019) “Azerbaijan’s Foreign Policy Toward Russia Since Independence: Compromise Achieved”. Southeast European And Black Sea Studies, Vol 19, issues 1, (5-year impact factor (SSCI) – 1.076)
- Valiyev, Anar; Huseynova, Hajar et.al (2017). ''Do Citizens of Former Soviet Union Trust State Institutions and Why: The Case of Azerbaijan''. Communist and Post-Communist Studies, volume 50, issue 3
- Koch, Natalie; Valiyev, Anar; Khairul Hazmi (2017). “Mosques as monuments: An inter-Asian perspective on monumentality and religious landscapes”, Cultural Geographies, volume 24, issue 3
- Valiyev, Anar and Koch, Natalie. (2016). ''Urban boosterism in closed contexts: Spectacular urbanization and second-tier mega-events in three Caspian capitals'', Eurasian Geography and Economics, Vol. 56, No. 5, 575–598
- - Valiyev, Anar; Valehli, Fikrat (2021). COVID-19 and Azerbaijan: Is the System Resilient Enough to Withstand the Perfect Storm?, Problems of Post-Communism, DOI: 10.1080/10758216.2021.1920840